- 1/3 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 2/3 cup multibran or whole-grain cereal squares
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola cereal without raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apricot halves, cut into strips, or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spread the almonds in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice to ensure even baking. Transfer to a plate to cool completely. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Stir in the cooled almonds.
Cook's Tip: If all the snack mix isn't likely to be eaten on the day you make it, we recommend using the golden raisins. The moisture of the dried apricots may cause the cereal to lose its crispness over time. Be sure the almonds are completely cooled when you add them to the mix; otherwise, they will make it soggy.