Almonds, Shelled by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup whole almonds
- 8 cups assorted vegetables, thinly sliced, in chunks, or 2” strips
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- Heat half of the oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add almonds, cooking and tossing for about 8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour remaining oil in skillet and add vegetables. Stir-fry, about five minutes, tossing often until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix garlic powder, ginger, and cornstarch with water and soy sauce until smooth.
- Add mixture to skillet, cooking and tossing for about 2 minutes until thickened.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve over rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.