- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Beat the next six ingredients until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk until just combined.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 22 – 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.