Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies (24 servings)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ corn or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine all the ingredients and ¼ cup water in a large bowl to form a soft dough.
- Refrigerate the dough 1 hour to chill.
- Roll or pat out ¼ inch thick on a floured board.
- Cut 2-inch rounds and place them 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition information Edit
Per Serving (1 cookie):
- 90 Calories | 5g Fat | 9mg Cholesterol | 26mg Sodium | 9g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 1g Sugars | 1g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ starch, 1 fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.