- 2½ lbs chicken pieces, skinned
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, Borden low-sodium
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup green pepper, diced (1 medium pepper)
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, canned, unsweetened
- ½ cup juice from pineapple
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp flour
- dash pepper
- 4½ cup rice, cooked
- chow mein noodles, optional
- Simmer the chicken in water with bouillon cubes.
- Remove meat from bones and cut into chunks.
- Save 1 cup of chicken broth.
- While chicken is cooking, melt margarine in frying pan or wok and saute the radishes, green pepper, and pineapple until crisp tender, but not brown (put rice on to cook).
- Mix 1 cup saved chicken broth with ½ cup pineapple juice and 1 tsp soy sauce.
- Add to pan.
- Mix flour with 1 tbsp cold water and stir to remove lumps.
- Add to vegetables.
- Add cut up chicken and a dash of pepper, and cook until everything is hot.
- Serve over rice.
- If desired, sprinkle chow mein noodles on top.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrients per serving (portion is ¾ cup mixture served over ¾ cup cooked rice):
- calories 320 | fat 7g | cholesterol 58mg | carbohydrate 39g | sodium 314mg
- Exchanges: bread 2½, meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.