- 4 big potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 – 6 green chile, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 teaspoons masala or 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion seed (kalongi)
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder (cumin powder)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch baking soda
- water, for making the batter
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- Mash the potatoes and add the masala or spices, onions, cilantro, chiles and add ginger and lemon juice if desired.
- Form the mixture into small patties.
- Mix the white flour with the salt, baking soda, oil and water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip patties into the batter and fry at least 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve once ready
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.