Turkey, Canned, Boned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes
- 4 cups turkey broth or reduced-sodium chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked turkey (cubed or chopped)
- ½ cup alphabet pasta (or any other type of pasta)
- In a 5-quart saucepan, over medium heat, combine tomatoes, turkey broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion, and carrot; bring to boil, stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender; stir occasionally.
- Add cabbage, turkey and pasta; stir and return to boil 5 to 10 minutes or until cabbage and pasta are tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.