- 2 very ripe plantains, peeled
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 oz brandy
- 1/2 cup wine
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Carefully place the plantains in the skillet. Mix the cinnamon and Sugar and sprinkle over the plantains. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the range.
- Remove the plantains and place in a dish just large enough to hold them.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to the empty skillet and stir thoroughly to make a sauce from the Sugar and cinnamon remnants. Pour the sauce over the plantains.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for thirty minutes. Pour 2 oz brandy over the plantains. Set on fire and allow the flames to extinguish naturally.
- Serve with generous helpings of vanilla ice cream. This delicious dessert should not be refrigerated. Luckily, it should not be difficult to use it at once!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.