Recipe By: TJ Hill - Appetites Catered
- Yields: 4 servings
- 4 banana -- firm ripe
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice -- strained
- ⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
- vegetable oil -- for frying
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash liquid hot pepper sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pimento -- as garnish
- Peel bananas, cut into ⅛-inch slices.
- Dip into orange juice. Coat with cornmeal.
- Heat oil to 360-370 °F.
- Fry a few slices at a time, until golden.
- Drain on a cooling rack and blot with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and pepper sauce.
- Arrange onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with pimento. Serve hot or warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.