- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounces) package Little Smokies sausage or hotdog, sliced
- ½ lb American cheese, cubed
- Cook an stir onion in butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat until tender.
- Add potatoes, water, celery and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Gradually add small amount of milk to flour, stirring until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to hot vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining milk and sausage; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add American cheese; stir until melted.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.