- 4 lbs potatoes
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon hot paprika
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with a generous amount of cold salted water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and peel the hot potatoes.
- Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the vinegar and sugar and then pour over the hot potatoes.
- Add the onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Toss the celery, green pepper and celery seeds into the potatoes.
- Mix in the mayonnaise.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Decorate the top with the sliced eggs and sprinkle with the paprika.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.