This is a good, hearty, filling soup
- 2 lbs cut up chickens
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cups corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- Rimmer chicken in boiling water until tender.
- Remove bones and skin.
- Strain the stock.
- Return stock and chicken to pot.
- Add onions, celery, corn and parsley.
- simmer till vegetables are tender.
- Mix flour with egg and milk.
- Rub mixture with fork till it crumbles.
- Drop crumbs in soup.
- Cook 10 more minutes covered.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.