- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced dry onion
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 tbsp of the water.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, mustard, and sugar.
- Then whisk in the remaining 1 cup water, vinegar, oil and lemon juice.
- Heat over medium heat for 1 minute, whisking continuously.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove from heat, cover, and cool completely.
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.