- 8 slices lean bacon
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 3 cups potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes (3 medium)
- 2½ cups water
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (very important)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Chop bacon.
- Sauté bacon, celery and onion in a deep sauce pan.
- Add potatoes, water, bay leaf, salt, pepper and celery salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash lightly, leave about ¼ whole.
- Remove bay leaf and add milk, Worcestershire sauce and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.