Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 half moon pies.
- 2 cups dried apples
- 2 cups cold water
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, juice and grated rind
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 (double crust) pie pastry
- Cook the dried apples in a saucepan with water and the salt.
- When apples are soft and pulpy.
- Add the sugar,orange and cinnamon.
- Simmer until water is cooked away.
- Roll pastry out and cut in 8 inch circles.
- Place generous portions of the mixture on half of the pastry rounds; fold the pastry over and pinch the edges tightly together.
- Bake in 450 °F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 °F and bake about 35to 40 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.