Description EditMade and cooked with real beef, herbs, and vegetables, this glorious dish is great for dinner or lunch and simply keeps a red-hot aroma with the meat and sauce. Mint occasionally works for this recipe, too.
- 3 - 4 lb. beef roast
- 1 tbsp. oil, canola, olive, or vegetable only
- ¼ cup soy sauce, dark or light only
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 2 onions, sliced, red or white only
- Sear the roast in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides in the oven.
- Prepare for the sauce for meat in any order before cooking: soy sauce, coffee, bay leaves, garlic, and oregano. Pour sauce over meat.
- Put half of onions on meat, and the other half in sauce.
- Cover and roast 4 - 5 hours at 325° F. Serve hot and plain over rice or with other vegetables, main dishes, or side dishes but transfer the cooked pot roast to an oval plate and carve this with the kitchen knife.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.