- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup margarine, (½ stick)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, (large)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon or almond flavoring
- 2 tbsp water
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- Place sugars, margarine and oil in a mixer bowl and mix at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla, flavoring and water, and mix at medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl before and after adding these ingredients.
- Stir remaining ingredients together to blend well; add to creamy mixture and mix at medium speed to blend.
- Form dough into 24 balls using 1 tablespoon dough per ball.
- Place balls on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Press balls down evenly to ½" with the back of a tablespoon dipped in water.
- Bake at 375 °F for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are browned on the bottom and lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 107 | fat: 5g | cho: 15g | NA: 50mg | pro: 2g | cholesterol: llmg
- Food exchanges: 1 starch/bread exchange | 1 fat exchange
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.