bitter melon salad.
- 400 g ampalaya (bitter melon)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g cooked shrimps shelled and de-veined (optional)
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 large onion, sliced sea salt to taste
- tomato wedges for garnish
- Cut the bitter melon (ampalaya) in half lengthwise and remove the white pith and seeds, then cut diagonally.
- Mash with salt and squeeze the bitter juice, then wash well in running water, squeeze dry and place in a salad bowl.
- Add shrimp and onion.
- Prepare vinaigrette with the vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper and add to the salad bowl.
- Combine well.
- Refrigerate (serve cold).
- Garnish with tomato wedges just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.