Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
Tasty mushrooms with the flavor of the rural fields -tomato sauce with parsley- all simmered in white wine.
- 1 kilogram of fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 bottle of White Wine
- 1 jar (250 grams) of whole small white onions in vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 1 can (250 grams) of tomato paste
- olive oil to cover bottom of pan
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 to 4 pressed garlics
- salt and pepper
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly with water and lemon.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with enough olive oil. Put it on medium heat. Add to it the butter until it melts.
- Add to this the mushrooms. Fry until they are slightly brown. Then add the pressed garlic, the parsley, salt and pepper. Stir until the garlic begins to brown.
- Immediately add to this the white onions (don't drain) jar, the bay leaf, the tomato paste, and the wine. Allow to boil in medium heat for 10 minutes. Check the salt and pepper.
- Serve hot. Accompany with bread or warm arepas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.