ANDRE BLACK'S CARROT CAKE
- 3 lg. eggs, beaten
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. and 2 tbsp. salad oil
- 2 c. and 1 tbsp. sifted cake flour
- 1 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 2 c. grated carrots
- 1 c. and 2 tbsp. crushed, drained pineapple
- 1 c. and 1 tbsp. crushed walnuts
- 1 c. raisins
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil. Beat on high speed until creamy and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Slowly add 1/3 of dry ingredients to egg mixture, beat well. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients, beat well after each addition. Batter will be extremely stiff, it may be necessary to blend with a spatula or spoon.
- One by one, fold in coconut, carrots, pineapple, walnuts and raisins. Divide batter between three prepared cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, rearranging cake pans in oven once. The cake is done when the tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pans 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool completely a 9 x 12-inch pan be used. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.