- 1 angel food cake (8 inches)
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 quart fresh strawberries
- sugar or sugar substitute, to taste .
- Cut the cake in half; tear one half into small pieces and set aside.
- Cut the other half into 12-14 thin slices; arrange in the bottom of a wax paper lined 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan, overlapping as needed.
- Spread softened ice cream over cake, pressing down to smooth.
- Gently press the small cake pieces into the ice cream.
- Cover and freeze.
- Just before serving, slice strawberries and sweeten to taste.
- Cut dessert into squares and top with strawberries.
- 183 calories | 131 mg sodium | 15 mg cholesterol | 34 gm carbohydrate | 6 gm protein | 4 gm fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.