The following is an excerpt from The Book Grill! by Pippa Cuthbert and Lindsay Cameron Wilson. Decadent! I'll never forget the day I first tasted grilled angel food cake with a dollop of chocolate cream. Nothing has really been the same since. Of course you can make your own cake if you prefer, but store-bought is the simple and guaranteed-to-be fluffy option.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 8
- 8 fat slices store-bought angel food cake
- 1 – 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 8 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- Whisk together the confectioners sugar, cocoa powder and milk in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream with the cream of tartar until soft.
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate.