Makes 6 servings
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 x 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 x 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 x 2¼-ounce can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine water, tomato juice, rice, basil, oregano and salt in 2- to 3- quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in artichokes, red peppers, parsley, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with Cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.