A word about substitutes in this recipe. I use light mayo in everything as well as low sodium products, so feel free to use them too. You can also substitute dried cherries or cranberries for the raisins.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 (½-cup) servings
- 2½ cups diced red apples (2 to 3 medium)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- In large bowl, combine apples, celery and cranberries and mix well.
- In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise, orange juice and ginger root.
- Add dressing to salad; stir gently to coat.
- Serve on 6 individual lettuce-lined plates.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.