This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Azato Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pound chicken washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 box Stove Top dressing mix
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper inside of chicken and oil the outside.
- Cut core and dice apple.
- Mix dressing according to directions on the box.
- When dressing is finished add apple.
- Stuff chicken then cover with foil and bake at 350 °F for 1 hour.
- In saucepan mix lemon juice, cinnamon and jelly then simmer 3 minutes stirring often.
- When chicken is done uncover and pour glaze over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes basting frequently.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.