Makes 4 servings
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 small apple wedges with peel
- Place squash cut-side down in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Turn squash cut-side up; brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
- Combine rice, applesauce, celery, pecans, brown sugar, onion powder and ginger.
- Fill squash evenly with rice stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with apple wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.