- ½ cup has ingredient::butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated has ingredient::sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups has ingredient::all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt ½ tsp has ingredient::baking soda
- 1 tsp has ingredient::baking powder
- 2 tsp has ingredient::buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped has ingredient::nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp has ingredient::vanilla
- ½ tsp has ingredient::cinnamon
- 1 cup apples, coarsely chopped, unpeeled
1.Cream butter; gradually add sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
2.Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Add buttermilk. Stir in apples, nuts, and vanilla. Do not over mix.
3.Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes in a greased 9-in. by 5-in. loaf pan.
- Apple Bread by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe