- ½ cup has-ingredient::butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated has-ingredient::sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups has-ingredient::all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt ½ tsp has-ingredient::baking soda
- 1 tsp has-ingredient::baking powder
- 2 tsp has-ingredient::buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped has-ingredient::nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp has-ingredient::vanilla
- ½ tsp has-ingredient::cinnamon
- 1 cup apples, coarsely chopped, unpeeled
1.Cream butter; gradually add sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
2.Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Add buttermilk. Stir in apples, nuts, and vanilla. Do not over mix.
3.Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes in a greased 9-in. by 5-in. loaf pan.
- Apple Bread by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe