- by LeAnn Ralph, Colfax, WI
- Send feedback to LeAnn Ralph (email@example.com)
- More Details at: http://ruralroute2.com
LeAnn R. Ralph is the author of the books: "Christmas in Dairyland (True Stories from a Wisconsin Farm)" ( August 2003), "Preserve Your Family History (A Step-by-Step Guide for Writing Oral Histories)" (e-book, April 2004), and "Give Me a Home Where the Dairy Cows Roam" (Oct. 2004). You are invited to sign up for LeAnn's FREE! monthly e-mail newsletter, Rural Route 2 News & Updates. Visit — http://ruralroute2.com
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup sour milk (add 1 teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice to fresh milk)
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Mix together all ingredients. Note: Batter will be stiff.
- Divide batter between 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 °F (at times i have to bake the loaves for 10 or 15 minutes more until they feel set when tapped).