- ½ cup margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sour milk or orange juice
- 1 cup chopped cooking apples (no need to peel)
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- In mixer, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add to mixture and alternate with liquid.
- Add apples and walnuts.
- Turn into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour at 350 °F.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.