- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅔ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 6 egg whites or 1 cup non-fat egg substitute
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 1 quart / 1 lb grated carrots
- 1 quart / 1 lb shredded Washington apples
- In mixing bowl, blend flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl, blend yogurt orange juice, maple syrup, egg whites, oil, vanilla, orange peel, carrots and apples.
- Stir apple mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened; do not overmix.
- Portion ⅓ cup into paper-lined or non-stick muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated 375 °F oven for 22 to 25 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.