- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp oil
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 14 oz can tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup chopped apple
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Combine the flour, pepper and clove in a large plastic bag.
- Shake chicken a few pieces at a time in the flour until lightly coated.
- In a heavy, non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown until the flesh turns white on all sides.
- Remove to pan.
- In same skillet, add tomatoes, onion, chopped apple and cider.
- Bring to a simmer, then add chicken and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Add basil and orange zest.
- Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.