- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir to blend.
- Add buttermilk, oil, and egg whites; beat just until blended.
- Stir in apple, dried fruit, and nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and top with coconut, if desired.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into 10 bars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.