- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 8
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Jonagold apples, peeled, cored, quartered and each quarter cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- ⅔ cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries (or ½ cup dried cranberries soaked in boiling water 5 minutes and drained)
Pie Pastry Edit
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter or margarine
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Combine sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon with fingertips or 2 knives until crumbly; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Combine flour, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing to mix.
- Gather into disk, wrap in waxed paper, chill 1 hour.
- Roll out pie pastry on lightly floured surface to a 15-inch circle.
- Fold it gently into quarters and transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Unfold and arrange apples in center 10 inches of dough; sprinkle with cranberries.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bring outer edge of dough 2½-inches over apples. Pleating as needed.
- Gently press the outside edge of dough to the pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender. If necessary, cover with foil to prevent crust from becoming too brown.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes; serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- Pprotein: 2g | fat: 12g | carbohydrate: 41g | fiber: 4g | sodium: 165mg | cholesterol: 31mg | calories: 247
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.