- Yield 40 bars
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly grease a 15- by 10- by 1-inch baking pan.
- Prepare crumb topping; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, and sugar.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, 1 cup flour, the brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in beaten egg.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan.
- Toss apples with sugar, remaining ¼ cup flour, and the nutmeg.
- Spread apples over oatmeal layer.
- Sprinkle crumb topping in a diagonal pattern over apples.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Divide the 15-inch-long side into 8 sections. Divide the perpendicular 10-inch-long side into 5 sections.
Nutritional information Edit
- Protein: 1g | fat: 5g | carbohydrate: 15g | fiber: 1g | sodium: 71mg | cholesterol: 12mg | calories: 103
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.