If you like apple pie, you’re sure to enjoy this baked apple treat. Serve warm and top with low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt for that traditional apple pie flavor.
Source: Fruits and Veggies Matter by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 small apples, peeled and cored
- 6 square 12-inch egg roll wrappers
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Spray six muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, vanilla, and 1 tbsp water.
- Roll peeled apples in the mixture until coated.
- Place one apple in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Bring the corners up to the top of the apple, pressing and folding to seal the edges.
- Place each dumpling in a muffin cup and lightly spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Look for egg roll wrappers in the refrigerator section of the grocery store.