Description[edit | edit source]
This is a typical New Year's Eve treat. Usually there will be a bowl of both Oliebollen and Appelbeignets on the table.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Core the apples and peel them.
- Cut into slices and leave them overnight in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add flour and baking powder.
- The batter shouldn't be too thin, it should stick to the apple slices.
- Dip the apple slices in the batter, let the excess drip off and fry in hot oil at 180 °C until golden brown.
- Leave to drain and serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.