Source: Fast & Healthy, July / August 1994
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granola
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground allspice, or to taste
- ½ cup dried apples, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 °F; coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; beat well.
- Add applesauce and egg; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour, granola, baking soda and allspice; blend well.
- stir in apples.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
Nutrition information Edit
- 120 calories | 2g protein | 17g carbohydrate | 5g fat | 13mg cholesterol | 60mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.