Purchased from the Ketchum Estate in Texarkana, Texas in 1991. Notation on card indicates this recipe was a family favorite dating back to the early 1930s. Date and source unknown.
- 12 Apples
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 small red onions, grated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Quarter and pare Apples.
- Put in a sauce pan and cover with water.
- Let simmer until soft, nearly all of the water should be evaporated.
- Rub through a sieve and add salt, vinegar, onions, Sugar, cloves, mustard and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Store in glass jar in refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.