This apple-based marinade is perfect for meat, poultry, or seafood. You can make the marinade bolder with additional pepper, or sweeter with honey.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed
- ¼ cup chopped lemongrass (from 3 stalks)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 fresh red finger chili, thinly sliced
- 3 whole star anises
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- ¼ cup tamari or regular soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1-3 teaspoons black pepper, optional
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the apple, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, chili, and star anise. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before use.
- Spoon, funnel, or pour into a fresh plastic or glass jar and keep in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups or 3-5 tablespoons
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.