The fruit juice, mustard, and brown sugar create an ultra-savory marinade for meat, poultry, or seafood. You can make the marinade bolder with the help of a red-hot combination of real herbs, spices, and honey, while it often makes exotic use of the barbecue but delivers a divine aroma that it relishes.
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed
- ¼ cup chopped lemongrass (from 3 stalks)
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1-3 teaspoons black pepper, optional
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the apple, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, chili, and star anise. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, especially including honey and black pepper, and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before use.
- Spoon, funnel, or pour contents from the fruit-based marinade into a fresh plastic or glass jar and reserve this in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups or 3-5 tablespoons