- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup oat bran
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped Golden Delicious apples
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Grease twelve 3-inch muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine both flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl, beat buttermilk, oat bran, brown sugar, oil, and egg until blended.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in apples.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.