- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp reduced calorie margarine
- 3 small McIntosh apples, cored and cut into ¼" thick slices
- 2 tbsp dark raisins
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In heavy medium ovenproof skillet, melt 2 tsp of the margarine.
- Add apples, raisins, 1 t sugar, and orange juice and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring frequently 6–8 minutes, until apples are just tender.
- Remove apples to bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- In small bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs until foamy.
- Gradually add milk, flour, the remaining 2 tb.
- sugar and the vanilla; beat 2 minutes longer, until batter is smooth.
- Add remaining 2 tsp.margarine to same skillet.
- Place in oven to melt, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into skillet; bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon apple mixture into center of pancake.
- Return to oven and bake 12-15 minutes.
- Longer until puffed and golden.
- Cut into quarters.
Each serving: ½ fa, ½ p, ½ b, 1 fr, 60 cal.