Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups apple, diced
- 1 – 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ tsp brown sugar
- 9 sheets commercial frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp water
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- Add diced apple; sauté 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar; stir well, and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Coat a flat surface with cooking spray; place 1 sheet of phyllo on surface (keep remaining phyllo covered).
- Coat phyllo with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Layer 2 more sheets phyllo on first sheet, coating each with cooking spray.
- Cut vertically into 5 equal strips; cut strips in half to make 10 pieces.
- Repeat process with remaining phyllo sheets, spraying each sheet with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1 ½ tsp apple mixture at base of each strip; roll up, jelly roll fashion.
- Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 °F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- Drizzle 1½ tsp glaze over each roll.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.