Contributed by Delma at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 cups Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 x 9-inch pie shell
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Toss apples with orange juice, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons each flour and sugar.
- Fill pastry shell with apple mixture, mounding in the center.
- In small bowl, combine remaining flour and sugar; with pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in orange zest.
- Gather mixture together to make form a soft dough.
- Flatten small pieces of dough between fingers arrange on top of apple filling. (Dough will not completely cover filling)
- Wrap pie in a 30- by 15-inch piece of parchment paper, folding parchment over top of pie making sure it does not touch pie; staple ends of parchment to seal.
- Set on rack in center of oven bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Carefully open parchment and allow steam to escape.
- Remove pie from parchment cool on wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.