This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Stinson Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 cups chopped apples
- ¾ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup raisins or chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except apples, nuts and raisins or dates.
- Beat at low speed for 1 minute then beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in apples, nuts and raisins or dates then pour into greased square cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.