- Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup shortening
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 6 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tbsp sugar
- In a small mixing bowl pour enough boiling water over the raisins to cover them.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain raisins.
- For topping, in a medium mixing bowl stir together rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in margarine of butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Set topping aside.
- For filling, in large mixing bowl combine drained raisins, sliced apples, and sugar, then gently toss till combined.
- Transfer the filling to an ungreased 9" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
- Sprinkle the topping on the filling.
- Bake in a 375 °F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till the apples are tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.