- 2 cup red rhubarb [slices]
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- ¾ tsp apple pie spice
- 3 tbsp instant tapioca
- 1 x 9 in pie shell for double crust pie
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the rhubarb, sugar, and cinnamon, mixing well to coat.
- Let stand stirring occasionally.
- After about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Add the pie filling, spice, and tapioca to the rhubarb mixture and mix well.
- Place the bottom pastry into the pie dish pressing into all of the corners, then add the fruit and cover with the remaining pastry, sealing and fluting the edges.
- Bake in a pre-heated 325 °F oven for 35 to 40 min.
- And let cool completely before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.