Makes 8 servings
- 1½ cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound bulk pork sausage
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- ⅔ cup diced celery
- ¾ cup drained pitted tart cherries
- Combine rice, juice and salt in 3- to 4-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling. Stir once or twice, reduce heat, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Cook sausage until done in medium skillet. Remove sausage and pour off fat.
- Return 2 tablespoons drippings to skillet. Add onion and celery and cook until tender crisp.
- Stir into cooked rice.
- Add sausage and cherries and cook 5 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.