Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apple rum Topping:
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 20-ounce can pie-sliced Apples
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Combine rice, 3-1/2 cups milk and Sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy about 15 minutes.
- Blend remaining 1/2 cup milk and eggs. Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Add butter and vanilla.
- Turn into serving dishes. Serve warm or cold with Apple rum Topping.
- Apple rum Topping: Blend Sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and water in saucepan.
- Add Apples. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until Apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and rum. Makes 2-1/3 cups topping.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.