- ⅛ cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ¼ tbsp salt
- Cream apple juice concentrate, sugar and egg.
- Add dry ingredients, mix, and put into a 9" round non-stick baking dish (if the mixture is not smooth like cake batter, add up to ⅛ cup water).
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 °F.
- When baked and almost cool, slice in half and fill with softened apple chunks (microwave apple pieces until there is some sauce and then use).
- Mix ½ cup icing sugar with enough milk to make icing.
- Add 3 drops of red food colouring.
- Ice the cake.
- Recipe can be doubled.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.